Welcome to the 2018 Amana Living Arts Festival.
This inaugural event will provide Amana Living customers with an array of artistic experiences and adventures to enjoy over six weeks, from 12 February to 25 March 2018.
More than 150 events will take place across 50 locations including Amana Living sites, central community facilities, and prestigious arts venues. There will be something for everyone!
Some of the Festival highlights include:
- Black Swan State Theatre Company - Page to Stage: discover the process of adapting a novel for stage from the director, a member of the cast, playwright and costume designer of The Lighthouse Girl.
- Hands On Workshops: fun and interactive experiences over a variety of sessions where participants learn different techniques to create one-of-a-kind artworks, jewellery, textiles and bath bombs!
- Sculpture by the Sea Guided Tour: Sculpture by the Sea will be offering Tactile Tours for clients of Amana Living. The tour will provide a unique insight into the 70+ sculptures and their creators who come from WA, interstate and overseas.
- Music Through the Ages: West Australian Symphony Orchestra musicians perform well-known and popular music for chamber ensembles at Amana Living locations. Come and hear some favourite classical pieces and get to know WASO musicians during these engaging performances.
- Creative Writing Workshops: participants will learn how to use different types of imagery (sound, smell, sight, taste, touch, and movement) in their writing to create enjoyment for the writer and the reader. Workshops will be at the Peter Cowan Writers Centre and individual Amana Living locations.
The events are open to all levels of creativity and ability, so why not try something new? You could discover a new passion or make some new friends.
How to find out what’s on
Amana Living Home Care clients, KITES clients and village residents will receive a 2018 Amana Living Arts Festival Guide. It is packed full of events that have been created exclusively for Amana Living customers, as well as a selection of “Handpicked Highlights” curated from the Perth summer arts calendar. The Guide also includes booking information and Frequently Asked Questions.
KITES and Home Care package clients wanting to attend events with the support of Amana Living, please speak to your Service Coordinator to make arrangements regarding package funds and transport.
A tailored program of Festival events has been created exclusively for residential care, transition care, and day club customers. Please speak to your Amana Living representative to find out more information.
Families and volunteers will be invited to participate in Festival activities throughout the six-week program.
Ticket booking opens: 24 January 2018 at 9am
Ticket booking closes: 5 February 2018 at 5pm
Festival takes place: 12 February to 25 March 2018
*Ticket booking period only relevant to home care clients, KITES clients and village residents.
Amana Living thanks the generous support from the following sponsors: