Are you keen to become a volunteer? Do you want to help enrich the lives of older people? Then Amana Living could be the place for you.
We rely on the enthusiastic support of our volunteers. Amana Living has around 250 volunteers who dedicate their time to residents and clients at service locations around Perth.
The benefits of volunteering
Research published in 2013 showed that volunteers experience a greater sense of wellbeing and are generally healthier too! It’s clear to us that our volunteers bring sunshine into the lives of our residents and clients, and that everyone benefits.
Volunteers become part of the team, making a real difference and enjoying the positive and rewarding friendship of the Amana Living community.
We focus on your needs too, so that we can help you achieve your aspirations as a volunteer.
How you can help
You don’t need any formal qualifications to be an Amana Living volunteer. You just need to be matched to the right role for you, able to turn every encounter into an opportunity to brighten someone’s day, and willing to pitch in and help – always with a smile!
We will make every effort to match volunteers and residents or clients based on mutual interests, skills, availability and location, as well as our requirements, to ensure a mutually beneficial and rewarding relationship.
Possible volunteer opportunities include (but are not limited to) assisting with:
- Group activity programs (e.g. board games, exercise groups, quizzes, men’s group, craft and art)
- Music and singing
- Lunches or morning / afternoon teas
- Special events and celebrations (e.g. birthday parties, happy hour, Melbourne Cup)
- One-on-one social support
- Administrative support (e.g. filing)
- Home-help (e.g. maintenance, cleaning, sorting, sewing)
- Church services
To find out more about volunteering at Amana Living, call us on (08) 9424 6335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Amana Living Arts Festival: 6th February to 30th March 2018
The Amana Living Arts Festival is a two-month long event providing a cornucopia of artistic experiences ranging from dance, music, sculpture, creative writing, poetry, gardening and drama. The Festival is the first of its kind in WA, potentially reaching around 1,500 seniors and their families across Perth, Albany, Australind and Kalgoorlie.
We are looking to commission artists and creative therapists to deliver sessions at Amana Living sites. Involvement could include:
- 6 week engagement period involving the delivery of 6 x 1 hour group sessions run weekly at Amana Living centres. The sessions will be presented as a series at residential care centres.
- One-off workshops with a focus on creating an art piece to take away at the end of the session. These would be aimed at clients in transition care and day clubs.
All sessions attended by Amana Living staff or volunteers to provide additional support.
We need artists who are available to work in the Perth Hills, Kalgoorlie, Bunbury and Mandurah. There are also paid opportunities in these locations. Artists to include material in the cost estimate provided.
Benefits of involvement
- Engage older adults in self-expression, increased communication and reminiscence through artistic mediums.
- Intergenerational interaction and for different generations to appreciate each other’s strengths, gifts and capabilities.
- Possible media opportunities.
- Promotional support through Amana Living channels including website, social media and newsletters.
To find out how you can get involved in the Amana Living Arts Festival, please contact Emily Lees, Manager Enrichment and Allied Health, via ELees@amanaliving.com.au or call 040 129 1503.
If you're interested in sponsoring the Amana Living Arts Festival, more information is available here - https://www.amanaliving.com.au/help/sponsorships