How to access in-home services

Home / News & Publications / News & Blog / How to access in-home services
08 Jul 2016

You can purchase in-home services on a full fee-for-service basis. Depending on your needs and preferences, you may be eligible for a Government subsidy. The following information is also available in the Home Care section of our website.

Subsidised services fall into two categories: Home and Community Care and Packaged Care. Once you know what you are eligible for, or if you simply want to purchase services without applying for Government support, get in touch with us.

Home and Community Care (HACC)

Home and Community Care, known as HACC, is for those who only need assistance with everyday tasks like cleaning or gardening, preparing meals, showering and dressing, shopping and banking, or transport to appointments. They’re the sorts of things a family member or friend might help with occasionally. But if you need more regular, ongoing support, or don’t have those informal networks close to you, HACC might be for you.

Begin by talking to us, or to the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre on 1800 200 422. A Regional Assessment Team will then carry out an assessment and decide whether you are eligible for HACC services.

Packaged Care

Packaged Care is ideal for those who are likely to need more support as time goes by, which really applies to most people. Clients receiving HACC often move onto Packaged Care at some point in order to continue living at home for as long as possible. Eligibility for Packaged Care is determined by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Your GP can refer you to an ACAT. An ACAT representative will then make a time to meet with you for a comprehensive assessment. This will determine the level of care you are eligible for.

We can help you at every step of the process. Call us on 1300 26 26 26.

Call Us