Our enrichment program
The second half of life is for living and every person, regardless of their age or ability, should have the opportunity to take part in activity that nourishes the mind, body and soul.
Welcome to the Amana Living Arts Festival.
The Amana Living Arts Festival is a two-month long event, 6th February to 30th March 2018, providing a cornucopia of artistic experiences ranging from dance, music, sculpture, creative writing, poetry, gardening and drama. The Festival is the first of its kind in WA, potentially reaching around 1,500 seniors and their families across Perth, Albany, Australind and Kalgoorlie.
Research has proven the participation in creative endeavours fosters psychological health and wellbeing by encouraging and developing curiosity, self-reflection and interpersonal functioning. Creative expression programs harness and build on seniors’ remaining abilities, in order to reaffirm their dignity and self-worth.
The Arts Festival will provide our customers with:
- Rich multi-sensory stimulation.
- A form of fun and relaxation, potentially reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Exploration of self, thus creating a stronger sense of identity.
- Experiences that nurtures their spirituality.
- Improved communication with fellow residents/clients, family members and staff.
- Life-learning opportunities by engaging in new, novel and potentially challenging art forms.
This is the inaugural Amana Living Arts Festival and we are seeking sponsorship to attract more artists to join the program, expanding the opportunities for our clients to participate.
The benefits of sponsorship
By supporting us, you will have the satisfaction of knowing you have made a real difference to the lives of hundreds of older people, many of them in their 80s and 90s.
At the same time, you have the opportunity to get your brand in front of Australia’s fastest-growing demographic.
As the baby boomer generation ages, it is estimated that almost a quarter of the population will be 65 and over by 2050. Today, the number of Australians aged 65 and over is around 15%. The growth rate in this age bracket is increasing at double the rate of children. (Australian Bureau of Statistics)
More specifically, you can:
- enhance your reputation through association with a trusted organisation,
- talk to us about the potential for a mutually beneficial partnership.
There are three different sponsorship packages available, starting from only $1,000 or we can create a bespoke sponsorship package.
Depending on your level of support, we will:
- involve you in event publicity
- include you in promotional materials
- promote your brand in our corporate publications
- add an acknowledgement, logo and link on this website
Are you an artist?
There are paid and volunteering opportunities for the Amana Living Arts Festival. We are currently looking for artists in these areas:
- Peth Hills
To find out more about the Amana Living Arts Festival, please contact Emily Lees, Manager Enrichment and Allied Health, via ELees@amanaliving.com.au or 040 129 1503.