Retirement Villages and Covid-19
All Amana Living retirement villages are open and are operating in a COVID safe manner.
Some government restrictions still apply to villages in the Perth and the Peel regions. They include:
- You will have to continue wearing a mask outside of your home, including in the grounds of your village.
- You do not have to wear a mask while doing vigorous outdoor exercise, such as running.
- Continue to practice social distancing (remain at least 1.5 metres from each other) both indoors and outdoors.
- There is 20-person limit for private indoor and outdoor gatherings. There must be at least four square metres per person at venues.
- Only essential travel permitted in and out of the Perth and Peel regions to other parts of WA.
For a full list of changes to the restrictions, please visit the WA Government website.
The government has expanded its mandatory contact register process to include many new businesses. We are implementing contact registers at communal facilities, such as the community room. You will need to scan the QR code with the SafeWA app on your mobile phone, or sign the paper register. The government may impose penalties if you fail to check in.
As there will be restrictions on how many people can gather at communal facilities, Village Managers have placed posters indicating the limits at each location. Please do not exceed the limits.
Only gardening and essential maintenance work is being carried out to maintain the safety of village environments. Contactors and staff will be wearing masks at all times, and can only remove them to eat or drink.
Wollaston Court and Muschamp have not been affected by the latest restrictions, however, any visitors from the Peel region and Perth metropolitan area must wear masks at all times.
Updated 9 February 2021