Home Care & Coronavirus (COVID-19) preventative measures.
Amana Living continues to safely deliver home care services to hundreds of older West Australians.
Amana Living remains vigilant and cautious, making sure we are COVID safe in everything we do.
What is Amana Living doing to protect you?
Amana Living has extensive infection prevention and control measures in place to protect clients and our staff from COVID-19. They include:
- Closely monitoring staff for fever or acute respiratory symptoms. All client facing staff must complete a questionnaire before they commence their first service of the day to confirm they are fit and well.
- Encouraging hand washing, cough and sneeze etiquette, and physical distancing.
- Ensuring all staff have access to personal protection equipment to use in case of an undiagnosed respiratory infection. Amana Living has a central stockpile of PPE in the event of an outbreak.
- Excluding any staff member, volunteer or contractor who has been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, has known COVID-19 symptoms, or has travelled from an Australian State or Territory identified as low to medium risk.
These measures have been developed in consultation with Amana Living’s expert infection control team, who are undertaking regular audits of staff practices and ongoing training.
We have also developed a COVID-19 outbreak management plan for all home care services, including day clubs and the Kites program.
What you can do to protect yourself?
The best way to protect yourself is through good hygiene and keeping your distance. This includes:
- Washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand gel.
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone if you or they have cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Practicing physical distancing which includes keeping a 1.5 metre distance between you and other people, avoiding large public gatherings, and minimising physical contact such as handshakes.
- Staying home if unwell and getting tested for COVID-19 if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
If you are tested for COVID-19, please advise your Client Service Manager or Service Coordinator immediately.
What do you need to do if you have to self-isolate due to COVID-19?
If you or a member of your household has been advised to self-isolate, please notify your Client Service Manager or Service Coordinator immediately.
In the event you contract COVID-19 and require care in your home, we have a dedicated team of staff called the COVID Care Team who can support you. The team consists of clinical staff and community support workers who will be solely responsible for caring for clients who are COVID-19 positive.
Any client who is self-isolating must wear a mask during the duration of the service. Any other household member is required to relocate to a bedroom with the door closed during the time an Amana Living staff member is in your home.
*Note that information regarding health and travel restrictions for COVID-19 is changing rapidly as the situation evolves.