Employees and Covid-19
Any staff member who has been overseas and not yet returned to work, please do not attend an Amana Living site. Contact your manager immediately who will discuss with you the arrangements for work going forward depending on your situation. If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days after the date of your last contact with the confirmed case.
The government advice is rapidly changing, and we will endeavour to keep all staff up to date with any changes.
All Amana Living staff should continue to:
- Practice social distancing
No matter where you are, social distancing still needs to be practiced. Remember to stay at least 1.5 metres apart, even if you are wearing a mask. In the course of your work you may need to be closer to clients or residents.
- Refresh your hand hygiene techniques
Check in on your hand washing regime and make sure you are following these guidelines.
For a full list of changes to the restrictions, please visit the WA Government website.
The Premier has announced that people working as security guards in quarantine hotels will no longer be able to have a second job. If you do work in a quarantine hotel, please let your manager know.
For all of us, no matter where we are, we must remain vigilant if we want to keep COVID-19 out of the community. If you feel unwell, or have visited any of the hotspots, please let your manager know, and go directly to your nearest COVID-19 testing clinic.
Even if you have recently received a negative COVID-19 result, but feel unwell, please call your manager to let them know, and present to a COVID clinic for testing. Please know that Amana Living's COVID-19 Self Isolation leave is available for anyone who needs to self-isolate while awaiting test results. Please go to the staff page on our website to find out more.
Once you have your result, please let your manager know the outcome.
- the Department of Health website has the most up to date guidance
- Travel restrictions and advice can be found on the Smartraveller website here
- call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
- email us at email@example.com
The best way to protect yourself and others against coronavirus is to practise good hygiene by:
- Washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand gel. This Department of Health guidance provides advice on how to wash your hands correctly - How to wash and dry hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue immediately into a rubbish bin and clean your hands as described above.
- Avoiding close contact (maintain a distance of at least 1 metre) with anyone if you or they have cold or flu-like symptoms.
These videos from the World Health Organisation provide further details:
For more detailed information:
For staff and volunteers please visit:
If you want to contact us directly with any queries you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org