Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update.
Amana Living takes COVID-19 very seriously and is working hard to make sure we can safely provide our care and services to our community’s most vulnerable.
On this page
Amana Living's outbreak visitor guidelines
During an outbreak, please refer to our visitor guidelines
Amana Living responds to COVID-19 cases.
Amana Living is working closely with WA Health and the Commonwealth Department of Health to monitor the current COVID situation and to support contact tracing teams.
At Amana Living we have a number of precautions in place to minimise the risk of COVID-19 in our facilities and in our clients homes. Our staff are fully vaccinated and wear a mask in line with legislation. In order to monitor for signs of COVID among staff, our frontline workers conduct a rapid antigen test, prior to attending work.
We were the first aged care provider to hire infection prevention and control specialists to educate staff, clients and residents, and to ensure our COVID-safe measures were in place.
Amana Living CEO, Stephanie Buckland said the health and safety of residents, families and staff is their highest priority.
“We are working tirelessly to protect residents, clients, their families and staff and to provide the public health authorities with the information they need to assist with contact tracing. Members of our specially qualified Infection Control team have been deployed to assist,” Ms Buckland said.
To ensure that staff, residents and visitors know what to expect during COVID exposures of varying levels, we have created visitor guidelines that include four ‘environments’ with different responses.
Advice for visitors and families.
All visitors at all Amana Living sites are subject to the WA Government's Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions (No. 11) and the Proof of Vaccination Directions (No 4).
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our residents, their families and staff, we ask that all visitors to Amana Living residential care centres and retirement villages remember to:
- sign in. At all Amana Living facilities (including villages), please scan the QR codes using the SafeWA or ServiceWA app. Visitors to residential care centres will have their temperature taken and can sign in using our electronic system;
- wear a mask while inside an Amana Living care centre or indoor common area;
- bring proof a recent flu vaccination and full immunisation against COVID-19;
- social distance where possible and practice good hand hygiene by washing and sanitising your hands regularly; and
- stay at home if you feel unwell.
You cannot enter a residential care centre if you have:
- returned from overseas in the last 14 days;
- been informed you are a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days; or
- any symptoms of a cold or flu, including fever, respiratory infection or loss of smell or taste.
Anyone who works in COVID quarantine services must wear an approved mask and keep 1.5 metres away from other people when visiting.
To find out more please visit the Health Department website.
All WA Government announcements in regards to COVID-19 can be found on its website.
The health and safety of our residents, clients and staff is our number one priority.
Our team has worked incredibly hard to put steps in place to make sure we can safely provide care and services to older people across all areas of the organisation.