Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Amana Living takes COVID-19 very seriously and is working hard to make sure we can safely provide our care and services to our community’s most vulnerable.
On this page
The health and safety of our residents, clients and staff is our number one priority.
Our team has worked incredibly hard to put steps in place to make sure we can safely provide care and services to older people across all areas of the organisation.
This page will provide updates on the latest measures in place at Amana Living to protect our community.
Last updated – 29 November 2021
Advice for visitors and families
Amana Living is encouraging families and visitors to consider having a COVID-19 vaccine to help keep the virus out of residential aged care centres.
Visitors at all Amana Living sites are subject to the WA Government's Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions (No. 8).
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our residents and their families and staff, we ask that all visitors to Amana Living residential care centres and retirement villages remember to:
- sign in. At retirement villages, please scan the QR codes using the SafeWA app. Visitors to residential care centres will have their temperature taken and can sign in using our electronic system;
- bring proof a recent flu vaccination;
- avoid close contact with others. Social distancing is still recommended. Please try and stay at least 1.5 metres apart;
- practice good hand hygiene by washing and sanitising your hands regularly;
- cough or sneeze into your elbow; and
- stay at home if you feel unwell.
You cannot enter a residential care centre if you have:
- returned from overseas in the last 14 days;
- been informed you are a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days; or
- symptoms including fever, respiratory infection or loss of smell or taste.
Anyone who works in COVID quarantine services must wear an approved mask and keep 1.5 metres away from other people when visiting.
To find out more please visit the Health Department website.
All WA Government announcements in regards to COVID-19 can be found on its website.
All West Australians aged 12 and over can now access a COVID-19 vaccine.
All residential aged care staff at Amana Living are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All other Amana Living staff must be fully vaccinated by 31 December 2021.
Australia’s vaccination program is managed by the Commonwealth Government.
Travel advice may affect your ability to enter an Amana Living site. You must not visit an Amana Living site if you need to quarantine.
The current advice is:
- WA has established a hard border with Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, and Victoria. Travel to and from these states is not permitted without an exemption.
- Travellers from the Queensland and Tasmania are not required to self-isolate upon entry to Western Australia.
- Anyone entering WA from the Northern Territory or South Australia must provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- All international arrivals must quarantine in a hotel for 14 days at their own expense. They will be subject to a mandatory COVID-19 test within 48 hours of arrival and on day 12 of quarantine.
Anyone who is unwell or experiencing symptoms should get tested for COVID-19 and self-quarantine until they return a negative test result.
The government is encouraging all travellers to download the SafeWA app and the G2G Now app.