Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updated – 22 September 2020*
Amana Living takes COVID-19 extremely seriously. The health and safety of our residents, clients and staff is our number one priority. Our team has worked incredibly hard to put steps in place to make sure we can safely provide care and services to older people across all areas of the organisation. This page will provide updates on the latest measures in place at Amana Living to protect our community.
Residential & Transition Care
We’re delighted to welcome visitors to Amana Living’s residential aged care centres.
Visiting hours do vary across Amana Living, so please contact your loved one’s care centre to confirm visiting hours. Visits are to take place in residents’ rooms, outdoors or an area specified by the Service Manager.
All visitors must comply with our screening requirements and provide evidence of a current flu vaccination prior to entry. In line with the directions, the following people are not permitted to enter:
- Visitors who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Visitors who have returned from interstate in the last 14 days.
- Visitors who have been informed they are a close contact of someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Visitors with any one of the following symptoms:
- a fever of 37.5 degrees or above
- a recent history of a fever
- symptoms of acute respiratory infection
- loss of smell or loss of taste
We kindly ask residents and visitors to continue to exercise extreme caution due to the ongoing presence of COVID-19 in Australia. It’s important to follow the directions of the Service Manager when on site, plus maintain the Government’s 1.5 metre physical distancing guidelines, practice hand hygiene and observe a maximum of 4 visitors per resident at any one time.
Further, we are discouraging residents from going out on social leave because we want to protect the health and safety of all residents and staff. If residents do decide to go out on social leave, we are particularly advising against them attending large family gatherings.
Our strict infection control precautions will remain in place for the foreseeable future. We have introduced new infection control nurses and infection control champions, plus all staff are taking part in ongoing training on the use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
We continue to monitor COVID-19 cases in Western Australia and public health advice. If there is evidence of COVID-19 in the local community, we will return to a higher level of protection which may see tighter visitor restrictions re-introduced. This is to keep your loved ones safe and we promise to keep all families updated if we have to take this step.
Thank you for your ongoing support, and your patience and understanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate the visitor restrictions have been difficult but they’ve played an important role in helping to keep all our residents safe from this deadly virus.
Please stay updated on Home Care preventative measures at the following link: https://www.amanaliving.com.au/coronavirushomecare
We’re delighted to advise we are reopening Amana Living’s Day Clubs on Monday, 15 June. This follows advice from the Department of Health that group social support services can resume due to the low number of COVID-19 cases in the community.
Initially, clients will be invited to attend the Day Club one day per week. This is so we can offer everyone an opportunity to come back to the club while also managing the Government’s social distancing requirements. Club Coordinators will contact clients personally to discuss arrangements for the reopening of your club.
If you return from overseas or interstate please ensure you self-isolate for 14 days. The Government has also advised that a person who has been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has a been diagnosed with COVID-19 should self-isolate for 14 days. Please advise your Village Manager if you are self-isolating so that we can provide support should you require it.
In line with Government advice about social distancing, Village Managers will speak with the social/village committees to discuss cancelling large group functions for the foreseeable future.
We have put all village open days and tour times on hold for the foreseeable future however, personal appointments can still be made with the relevant Sales Manager. All Sales Managers are aware of hand hygiene, cough etiquette and social distancing guidelines.
*Note that information regarding health and travel restrictions for COVID-19 is changing rapidly as the situation evolves.
- Any staff member who has been overseas and not yet returned to work, please do not attend an Amana Living site. Contact your manager immediately who will discuss with you the arrangements for work going forward depending on your situation.
- If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days after the date of your last contact with the confirmed case.
We will update this page regularly as Government advice is provided.
- the Department of Health website has the most up to date guidance
- Travel restrictions and advice can be found on the Smartraveller website here
- call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
- email us at email@example.com
The best way to protect yourself and others against coronavirus is to practise good hygiene by:
- Washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand gel. This Department of Health guidance provides advice on how to wash your hands correctly - How to wash and dry hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue immediately into a rubbish bin and clean your hands as described above.
- Avoiding close contact (maintain a distance of at least 1 metre) with anyone if you or they have cold or flu-like symptoms.
These videos from the World Health Organisation provide further details:
For more detailed information:
For staff and volunteers please visit:
If you want to contact us directly with any queries you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org