Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updated – 28 May 2020*
The wellbeing of our residents, clients, staff and volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. As the situation relating to COVID-19 is evolving rapidly, we have moved quickly to put in place preventative measures consistent with advice from the Department of Health.
The following restrictions are in place to protect our residents, clients and staff.
Residential & Transition Care:
In order to protect older people from COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus), particularly those with chronic disease and other frailties, the Australian Government advised aged care providers to restrict visitors, volunteers and non-essential contractors to residential and transition care facilities.
On 18 March we decided to temporarily stop all visitors from entering Amana Living residential and transition care centres as a precautionary measure, excluding visits on compassionate grounds. These changes were an important step in protecting the most vulnerable members of our community. However, we have now reviewed these measures in light of the latest Government advice, sustained low numbers of COVID-19 cases and little evidence of community transmission in WA.
Easing of visiting arrangements from 30 April
After careful consideration, we will ease visitor restrictions at our residential care centres from Thursday 30 April. Visiting is by appointment only, and bookings can be made by contacting your loved one’s residential care centre directly during business hours.
All visitors must comply with the following rules which are in accordance with State Government requirements. These include:
- No more than one visit per resident each day with a maximum of two visitors.
- Visits should be of short duration and not exceed two hours.
- All visits must be conducted in the resident's room or an area of the centre designated by the Service Manager.
- Entrance will be through the front door only.
- All visitors must complete an entry screening declaration, and will be required to have their temperature scanned before entering the residential care centre.
- All visitors must have a current flu vaccination from 1 May 2020 and provide evidence of immunization prior to entry.
Restrictions on large group visits and gatherings, including visits from external organisations such as schools, remain in place.
The following people will not be allowed to enter:
- Visitors who have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Visitors who have been in contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Visitors with a fever or symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Children under 16 years, except in special circumstances, for example, where the resident is in palliative care.
We are still taking admissions but we are screening new residents before admitting them.
You can refer to our Residential Care Frequently Asked Questions here.
Please stay updated on Home Care preventative measures at the following link: https://www.amanaliving.com.au/coronavirushomecare
In order to comply with the Government’s updated social distancing rules, we have decided to close the day clubs for the foreseeable future. This will take effect from 27 March.
All clients who attend a day club will be offered in-home respite in lieu of attending the club.
If you return from overseas or interstate please ensure you self-isolate for 14 days. The Government has also advised that a person who has been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has a been diagnosed with COVID-19 should self-isolate for 14 days. Please advise your Village Manager if you are self-isolating so that we can provide support should you require it.
In line with Government advice about social distancing, Village Managers will speak with the social/village committees to discuss cancelling large group functions for the foreseeable future.
We have put all village open days and tour times on hold for the foreseeable future however, personal appointments can still be made with the relevant Sales Manager. All Sales Managers are aware of hand hygiene, cough etiquette and social distancing guidelines.
*Note that information regarding health and travel restrictions for COVID-19 is changing rapidly as the situation evolves.
- Any staff member who has been overseas and not yet returned to work, please do not attend an Amana Living site. Contact your manager immediately who will discuss with you the arrangements for work going forward depending on your situation.
- If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days after the date of your last contact with the confirmed case.
We will update this page regularly as Government advice is provided.
As a precaution, we have also stopped non-essential visits (i.e school visits) to residential care sites and day clubs from Friday 13 March.
- the Department of Health website has the most up to date guidance
- Travel restrictions and advice can be found on the Smartraveller website here
- call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
- email us at email@example.com
The best way to protect yourself and others against coronavirus is to practise good hygiene by:
- Washing your hands frequently (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand gel. This Department of Health guidance provides advice on how to wash your hands correctly - How to wash and dry hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue immediately into a rubbish bin and clean your hands as described above.
- Avoiding close contact (maintain a distance of at least 1 metre) with anyone if you or they have cold or flu-like symptoms.
These videos from the World Health Organisation provide further details:
For more detailed information:
For staff and volunteers please visit:
If you want to contact us directly with any queries you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org